Logo

85hp evinrude wont crank

Curt456

So fixed my lower unit, got all back together went to test it with muffs on and i go to try to start it and i get no power threw the solenoid. I didnt mess with any wires i checked all my wires and everthing, and the neutral saftey swit h and still wont send power threw.

Any one have this problem and fix it? Or any help thanks

Checked the wee ground wire from solenoid to the block ?-----Checked the nuetral switch in the control box ?----------Does starter operate when booster cables are used directly to the starter ?

Checkedall wires in the solenoid, and think my beutral safety switch is on the block. And starter works if i jump it, i for some how lost power go engage solenoid and i didnt touch any wireing.

Checkedall wires in the solenoid, and think my beutral safety switch is on the block. And starter works if i jump it, i for some how lost power go engage solenoid and i didnt touch any wireing.

Indicates the neutral safety switch is out of adjustment.... loosen it and shove it closer to the cam that depresses it.

You don't say what year the engine is or the type control box.

Couldn't answer that question unless I was there..... try the easiest one to get to first if you have both

If there's one in the control box, there's no need for one at the engine and the starter solenoid would not require a safety switch.

Describe your control box.

Model number should be on a small plate attached to the outside portion of the port transom bracket.

There no plate on the side of it, but fuse good, i never checked for power coming out thw key when i try to start im do that later.

Checked the ignition i have power whem i go to start. I changed the one fuse again just to be sure. Still have no power going threw solenoid

Back