Logo

2011 Volvo 5.7 GI 300 hp

jmcdan

Oil filter is the one that you install the paper cartridge. My question is when you
screw off the top the o ring sits in a grove about 3 threads down. Do you leave it in the grove or move to top of lid? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks first Volvo I have owned.

I have the same engine and the same paper cartridge filter. Very easy to get to and change. I'm not so sure, but I think the cap will seal when it goes down past the o-ring. Should be self evident when re-installing the cap. I'm more worried about the remote oil lines leaking. Dave-R

Did some research.... that filter style is "European style". Didn't think VOLVO USA sold any here in the configuration. It's possible that that engine is a "grey market" engine, i.e., one that was direct imported from a European distributor and not via Volvo USA. This is common for some electronics and cameras. Usually a USA dealer distributor won't honor warranties on "grey market" items. Then again, maybe VOLVO SWEDEN said "WTF... ship them the Euro model, we have lots of them."

Back