Logo

1966 6hp wvb19074a

guzzi john

I just got this and want to disassemble gear case. The tin cover was held in place by a circular clip. The piece w seal has two 1/4-20 holes in it, the edges of the case around that are chipped off. Is there a fiche for this unit? Here are pix. Thanx, Guzzi John-Champlin,Mn

Attachments

• 101_0778.jpg
    101_0778.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 101_0777.jpg
    101_0777.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 86
Ok,I'll reply to myself. Put 14/20 bolts in seal holder and it came out easy w small puller. No oil whatever but a strange plastic like ring w a semi cone shaped appendage that I believe is the fossilized remains of what was in the case. The gears are rusty but hopefully not pitted like the ones in the Clinton I just replaced. The seal holder/rear bushing has an o ring but no retainer. I think there was an internal retaining ring originally but the lip of the case that would have held it is completely broken off. It all appears salvageable so I'm happy. I swapped a small chainsaw for this one and have a fellow who has a later 6hp Chrysler he'll swap for my old 22 rifle so I should have at least one runner out of it all.

Back