Logo

Hoda Marine Throttle Control Question

RLI01

Hi All

I need to replace the trigger on the throttle handle on a Honda Marine control

I took off the side cover and am afraid to touch anything as it looks like a can of worms
has anyone done this before?

Any tips would be appreciated many thanks

Honda throttle.jpg

Thanks Simon

It is very simple to do.

Remove the handle from the shifter. It is held on by the bolt on the opposite side of the handle.

Try not to pull it too far out....so you do not disturb the trim and tilt leads.

Screw #74 holds on the retainer #9. http://peparts.honda.com/marine#/browse/me/bf/bf90/BF90A4-LRTA It is a flat piece of stainless steel. Once removed, the trigger mechanism will come out. Be sure not to lose the spring at the top.

Just reassemble in the reverse order....be sure to use some blue loctite on the bolt, when you remount the handle on the shifter. That bolt tends to come loose, if you do not.

Mike

Thank you hondadude - straight forward answer - I removed the cables to clean etc any tips on replacing them and adjusting/tweeking for optimum performance

thanks Simon

If you are going to change the cables, I highly recommend the Glendenning cables that Honda uses. They are very smooth operating and can be used with pretty tight bends.

Connect the cables to the shifter first, then connect and make any fine adjustments at the engine.

Make sure that the throttle gets the carburetors to full throttle. If not, make further adjustments.

Mike

Back