Logo

Nissan NSD50B Power Trim & Tilt

winterisland

I have a 2004 Nissan NSD50B, (new Tilt and trim style)the power trim quit lifting, the motor and pump works, I first tried adding fluid as I was bleeding it starting leaking from under the resiviour cover. I ordered the O-Ring, Installed today, as I was filling and bleeding with the ramp disconnected from the motor it seemed to be fine, then all of a sudden it started leaking again. I took the unit off and lloked at the part diagram theres not much on the piston side it did come with a couple more O-Rings, but I can't figure how to get the piston out. After you take off the res cover there is a round alluminum something with holes that the fluid goes through and the outside is round, the inside is like the outside of a 6 point axle socket, the rod goes through the center of this. I s it possible to ad to much fluid where it will cause it to leak, again a brand new O-ring and the cover and base look good no nicks. Any help is appreciated. Thank You

No, you can't over fill. Here is the exploded diagram to show you how it all goes together. If you have a leak at the base of the ram cover, odds are the o-ring is not seated properly, or might be the incorrect size.
002-21049-3_FIG22.jpg

No, you can't over fill. Here is the exploded diagram to show you how it all goes together. If you have a leak at the base of the ram cover, odds are the o-ring is not seated properly, or might be the incorrect size.
View attachment 15705

Thank You, The O-Ring #19 actually comes with a larger ring plus about 4 smaller ones in a kit. Can this be building up to much pressure for some reason? I'm not sure where the other O-Rings go, I was trying to figure out how to pull out the shaft, but looking at the part diagram it doesn't show anything below the piston. Like I had mentioned it was going up and down great no leaks until I added more fluid, which now I think may have been to much, because like a dummy wasn't thinking I had it laying on its side, I know they are to help self bleed air but not fluid, so I'm thinking of buying another O-Ring, there is a bearing shop close by that has all types O-Rings, and try it again. The alluminum ring that the shaft goes through and there holes in it where the fluid goes in and out/
Thanks Again

Back