Logo
Click for Nissan Tohatsu Manuals, and Parts!

Default Nissan NSD50B Power Trim & Tilt

I have a 2004 Nissan NSD50B, (new Tilt and trim style)the power trim quit lifting, the motor and pump works, I first tried adding fluid as I was bleeding it starting leaking from under the resiviour cover. I ordered the O-Ring, Installed today, as I was filling and bleeding with the ramp disconnected from the motor it seemed to be fine, then all of a sudden it started leaking again. I took the unit off and lloked at the part diagram theres not much on the piston side it did come with a couple more O-Rings, but I can't figure how to get the piston out. After you take off the res cover there is a round alluminum something with holes that the fluid goes through and the outside is round, the inside is like the outside of a 6 point axle socket, the rod goes through the center of this. I s it possible to ad to much fluid where it will cause it to leak, again a brand new O-ring and the cover and base look good no nicks. Any help is appreciated. Thank You

Default Re: Nissan NSD50B Power Trim & Tilt

No, you can't over fill. Here is the exploded diagram to show you how it all goes together. If you have a leak at the base of the ram cover, odds are the o-ring is not seated properly, or might be the incorrect size.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002-21049-3_FIG22.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	15705
    Paul
    Buffalo NY USA

Default Re: Nissan NSD50B Power Trim & Tilt

Quote Originally Posted by pvanv View Post
    No, you can't over fill. Here is the exploded diagram to show you how it all goes together. If you have a leak at the base of the ram cover, odds are the o-ring is not seated properly, or might be the incorrect size.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002-21049-3_FIG22.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	15705
    Thank You, The O-Ring #19 actually comes with a larger ring plus about 4 smaller ones in a kit. Can this be building up to much pressure for some reason? I'm not sure where the other O-Rings go, I was trying to figure out how to pull out the shaft, but looking at the part diagram it doesn't show anything below the piston. Like I had mentioned it was going up and down great no leaks until I added more fluid, which now I think may have been to much, because like a dummy wasn't thinking I had it laying on its side, I know they are to help self bleed air but not fluid, so I'm thinking of buying another O-Ring, there is a bearing shop close by that has all types O-Rings, and try it again. The alluminum ring that the shaft goes through and there holes in it where the fluid goes in and out/
    Thanks Again