Logo
Click for Nissan Tohatsu Manuals, and Parts!

Default Nissan 8hp 2 stroke stopped while I drove and since that won't start anymore.

I live in a mooring field. And while I was driving from my boat to the dinghy dock . Suddenly my engine stopped. First I thought that I got water in it. Cause the sea was rough. Someone towed me in. And I added some seafoam with no luck. I drained the carb and put 2 new spark plugs in it and used carb/ choke cleaner. Still no result. The plugs sparks holding it next to the coil. One better though then the other. Has anyone a clue what it could be.

Default Re: Nissan 8hp 2 stroke stopped while I drove and since that won't start anymore.

Could be almost anything, but it's usually a fuel issue. Try going with completely fresh gas/oil after draining the whole fuel system (including the primer hose), and see what happens.
    Paul
    Buffalo NY USA

Default Re: Nissan 8hp 2 stroke stopped while I drove and since that won't start anymore.

Tried that still no luck Paul. Ordered a new cdi Coil. Getting it on Thursday and a friend is going to test the compression.

Before you go swapping electrical parts, I would test them. Better to diagnose than guess.
    Paul
    Buffalo NY USA

Will do. Its my day off and run some more tests

Engine is running again. Replaced the cdi coil. Had to make a bypass cause old coil had 5 wires new one 4. One pull...and engine run again.