Logo

What model? Impeller looks wrong

SeaComms

Hi all, first post here so be gentle! Have been searching for days and not coming up with much.

Have been working on a friends mid '80s Australian version Mercury 50hp 4cyl 2 stroke brown band. Labelled Marine Power Europe, Inc, B4822 VERVIERS Made in Belgium, Serial Number is 9440314. Trying to work out exactly model, looks to be an '85, though the problem I am having is identifying the correct impeller for it. The one that is in it has a part number 47-89983, and when searching what I think are the correct parts listings this is also the same part number they come up with which seems great, however the current one does not seem like it fits correctly. Is seems like it is way too big and crushed down to fit inside the casing as per the pic below (a few seconds after removing the casing).

Can anyone help of the right part? Or is this the right part and is just a strange fit?

20170618_161927_zpsavmwqv7i.jpg

20170619_093233_zpsuxp5gpex.jpg

20170619_093248_zpsbhiyfexw.jpg

That is the correct impeller !-----The one in the picture has been run dry !!!----Needs a new one again.---------Always supply cooling water to the impeller and never start a motor dry.

Back