Logo

1999 Tillotson Carburetor Part number TC135A

bbswood

I have a Tillotson Carburetor Part number TC135A, Clean both main nozzle and Jet on inside of bowl, replaced needle seat...
I can start with spary of gas from bottle and will run with manual spray but not from carb... what have i missed?

I have fuel all the way to the carb.... when I disconnect the hose on bottom carb I get about good amount of gas from bowl....

Thanks for any help

Bill

Did you soak metal bits in carb cleaner and blow compressed through to make sure all apertures were clear? Sounds like a clogged jet

Yes, does the fuel come from the bottom of the carb thur the prime solenoid? I have only work on carbs with accel pump, this is new to me..

Just so there is no confusion, you actually have a 1999 40 horse Force motor, not a Merc.

Merc stopped using Tillotson carbs a long time before 99. They kept bolting them on the Force models until they scrapped the line.

This model had the Force prime system to help with a cold start which is a little different then what Merc used so you could be getting (some) advice that applies to a Merc but not a Force as to what to check etc other than the standard "clean the jets" etc...

Back