Logo

Aftermarket temp Alarm

kimosammy

Contributing Member
I have 98 Carver with a couple 454xL. Wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to install an aftermarket temp alarm? I'm sure mine doesn't have an alarm but it does have a temp gauge.

the 'warning horn' switches are part of the standard factory configuration for the engines....I'm thinking the better question is did Carver make use of them? Do you get the 'normal' warning horn going off when the key is ON but the engine OFF? If YES, then I'd bet you have the overheat switch in that circuit along with the gear overheat switch....BTW, the 'normal warning system' has one horn/buzzer driven by multiple switches in parallel...

the 'warning horn' switches are part of the standard factory configuration for the engines....

Ayuh,.... Look 'round the t-stat housin',....
There'll be the temp sender unit, 'n if yer Lucky, a temp switch for an alarm,....

To wire it, ya feed power to a buzzer, then the buzzer's ground-side goes to the switch,...
In an overheat, the switch goes to ground, soundin' the alarm,...

My XLs have an overtemp alarm and I suspect your engines do too. If you have two senders on the coolant filler neck, you indeed have a temp alarm.
FL Panhandle

Back