Logo

BF250A LU VeeThree gauges - Engine Temp Display

BGR

Hi,

I am trying to confirm if what I have been told by the local Honda Marine dealer is correct as it does not sound quite right...

Under the "Eng Data"a sub menu I can find "Coolant Temp" but it never shows any information/temp.

However it does appear on the Garmin MFD and the temp does seem accurate in the way it reacts to different speeds/load on the outboard.

Can anyone confirm if their VeeThree gauge dieplays Engine Temp Display please?

Regards

Steve

I can confirm that I have it on my Vee rhree gauges, and on my Garmin 4212.
whoat I dont get on my garmin is oil Pressure, or water pressure, but I am pretty sure that the honda N2k sentences, (oil & water pressure) are compatable with garmin.
Do you get them on your garmin?

Hi,

Please see attached, looks like I don't get Oil Pressure, Coolant Pressure or Fuel Pressure on my Garmin either!

I am getting Boost Pressure, but as no Supercharger/Turbo fitted I have no idea why, maybe an issue between the Honda N2k sentences and Garmin?

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Hmmmm, I am not an electronics savvy guy by far, but I have done some research and it seems all the Honda NEMA scentences are pretty much the same, so in my mind they should be compatible.
when my Electronics guy is in town next time (2-3 weeks)I will have him take a look and report back.
FYI i have a totally different first page than you do, but pages 2 & 3 are the same except I have triples, fyi, I love ❤️ them.

What year Honda's are y'all running? I'd like to find out if I can do get my 2007 BF225 Honda to import to my Lowrance HDS Gen2. I'm not sure if my unit or engine is capable of doing such, but I'd like to find out...

Mine is 2012/2013 from what I understand the gauges are driven but NMEA, apart from the leg pickup speedo, the option being GPS in the Speed SCR menu.

Maybe post some images of the gauges front and back, I am sure other on here know so much more about this though!

Well, I am certainly no expert on those gauges. And I don't really know anything about the 250's. The 225's were not NMEA 2000 compatible until the 2010 year model, I think. It may have been 2012. All of the 250's are supposed to have full NMEA 2000 capability.

On the 225 there are no sensors for fuel pressure or water pressure, that I know of. There are two oil pressure sensors - high pressure side and low pressure side, but they are simply an on/off set up.

Back