Logo
Get instant online access to repair manuals for your Mercury / Mariner outboard. Online Manuals
MercuryMariner
Order printed Mercury / Mariner service manuals — shipped to your door! Printed Manuals
MercuryMariner
Use engine diagrams to find & order parts for your Mercury / Mariner engine. Engine Diagrams
MercuryMariner
Find parts quickly with Mercury application guides. Quick Parts Guide
MercurySierraCDI

Default Have Serial Number, Can't Find Engine

I'm not having any luck finding the details of my 25HP Mercury Outboard (mostly just trying to find out the year)
    Serial #6471229

Thanks in advance for any help!

Default Re: Have Serial Number, Can't Find Engine

Your serial number is coming up as an MERCURY 1984 25 HP (EL) Model number 1025524.

Parts catalog part number 90-13286 covers engine models 18/20/25 H.P. (XD), http://www.marineengine.com/parts/me...rts/sn/6471229
    https://www.perfprotech.com/mercury-...g/umodel/34134

I just traded for a boat that came with an 80hp mercury 2 stroke out board. it looks older like an 80's model. I need to order parts but the serial number isnt registering. serial number 6232974 any help is greatly appreciated

An 83 model for that 80 HP

I purchased an old Mercury 75 outboard motor. The serial number is 4087247. I cannot find any information on this motor anywhere, can someone help me identify this motor, year and all that so I can repair it and get it in the water.

Ireland,the only country in the world you can go North to go South

That is a 1975 number.For which year I can't see a 75HP listed. Have a look for a silver disc in the block for a number or even the starter bracket.Someone may have replaced a damaged swivel bracket with an older working one.
    Or do you have a 7.5HP ? Which is '75 and here is a diagram for that http://www.marineengine.com/parts/me...ru-4851692-usa
    Last edited by haventaclue; 07-13-2019 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by haventaclue View Post
    That is a 1975 number.For which year I can't see a 75HP listed. Have a look for a silver disc in the block for a number or even the starter bracket.Someone may have replaced a damaged swivel bracket with an older working one.
    Or do you have a 7.5HP ? Which is '75 and here is a diagram for that http://www.marineengine.com/parts/me...ru-4851692-usa

Its a 7.5hp I believe... I think the 75 is just a “thing they did”, like how the 110s were 9.8hp... the number on the block matches the plate... thing is a nightmare finding the correct parts. Thank you for your help on this! I’ve been learning as I go.