Logo

Have Serial Number, Can't Find Engine

andjohn90

I'm not having any luck finding the details of my 25HP Mercury Outboard (mostly just trying to find out the year)
Serial #6471229

Thanks in advance for any help!

I just traded for a boat that came with an 80hp mercury 2 stroke out board. it looks older like an 80's model. I need to order parts but the serial number isnt registering. serial number 6232974 any help is greatly appreciated

I purchased an old Mercury 75 outboard motor. The serial number is 4087247. I cannot find any information on this motor anywhere, can someone help me identify this motor, year and all that so I can repair it and get it in the water.

That is a 1975 number.For which year I can't see a 75HP listed. Have a look for a silver disc in the block for a number or even the starter bracket.Someone may have replaced a damaged swivel bracket with an older working one.
Or do you have a 7.5HP ? Which is '75 and here is a diagram for that http://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercury-outboard-parts/75/3801458-thru-4851692-usa

Its a 7.5hp I believe... I think the 75 is just a “thing they did”, like how the 110s were 9.8hp... the number on the block matches the plate... thing is a nightmare finding the correct parts. Thank you for your help on this! I’ve been learning as I go.

Hi, I’m new here. I also have an older serial number I think. I can’t seem to find any info from it. Serial Number is 7168332. I’m trying to find out the year. It’s a 9.8 Mercury. Thanks in advance.

If anyone is still looking at this post I could really use a hand, new here and I have the same problem. I have a 1980s 20 horse 2-stroke Mercury, the serial number on the motor is 5409186. I’d really appreciate it if anyone could help me identify it

Back