Logo

Low pressure fuel pump inlet screen

Maraian

Contributing Member
Does anyone know if there is an inlet screen on the low pressure fuel pump of the 2001 5.7 HO TBI? Do you remove the 90 barb to access?

dont think there any screen on the low pressure pump....wont hurt to look....there a big filter inside the FCC can....

dont think there any screen on the low pressure pump....wont hurt to look....there a big filter inside the FCC can....
Thanks! Yes, I think I read somewhere, no screen, but on other similar setups ive read there are. I may just have to look. Just try not to mess with stuff if I don't have to. I've a long history of tinkering with things and they mysteriously break, :).

Thanks! Yes, I think I read somewhere, no screen, but on other similar setups ive read there are. I may just have to look. Just try not to mess with stuff if I don't have to. I've a long history of tinkering with things and they mysteriously break, :).

Sorry for the late reply but there is a screen on the inlet side of the low pressure pump. My 2002 PCM 5.7L (MB Sports 190 Inboard) was blowing the fuel pump fuse and I discovered the screen was plugged with fiberglass debris from the fuel tank.

Cleaning the screen didn't resolve the issue so I ended up replacing both the low pressure pump as well as the Fuel Control (high pressure pump)

But you CAN clean the screen, re-assemble and see for yourself.

Back