Logo

Mercruiser 4.3 carberated

Ben Corvin

After warming up engine and after a run when you throttle down engine if in gear or put into neutral engine sometimes stalls and will not crank back up until it sits for a couple of hours. Carberator has been rebuilt and fuel filter has been changed. Has anyone seen anything like this before

Right. When it does this, jump right on it. Pull a plug wire, stick it in a spare plug, and have someone crank it over. If you see spark, pull the flame arrestor off and look inside for fuel leaking by the needle and seat fuel.

Jeff

I noticed in the carberator rebuild kit the needle valve was the same but the seat in the kit had something in the end of it and mine had a hole straight through should I have used it. Everything else in the kit was the same

So I found out that the throttle was catching the kill switch at times causing it to kill the engine but I cannot figure out what needs to be replaced the button works up and down but the throttle sometimes hangs it.

So I found out that the throttle was catching the kill switch at times causing it to kill the engine but I cannot figure out what needs to be replaced the button works up and down but the throttle sometimes hangs it.

Ayuh,.... Classic symptoms of a draggin' lower shift cable,....

Replacin' the lower shift cable is the usual cure,....

Back