Logo

HELP no colling water

bw4907

I have a 2004 F200TXRC with a new water pump but no water coming from the pee hole. I tried water hose straight to it with just a drip, I tried muffs and the same thing. What else can I do?
Thanks
Bill

Engine running waited about a min. and no water discharge. Shut down the motor and ran a small piece of wire in the pee hole about one foot and nothing.

I have a 2004 F200TXRC with a new water pump but no water coming from the pee hole. I tried water hose straight to it with just a drip, I tried muffs and the same thing. What else can I do?
Thanks
Bill

Please clarify...
#1 was the engine pissing before the new water pump was installed?
#2 Since installing new water pump has the engine pissed?

If your answers are #1 yes and #2 no....i recon the mid sections water tube is not connected to the water pump housing. If you had a service center install then i doubt this is the issue since they would test on muff before finished. But if an amateur installed, its possible.

I have had this eng for about an year and just now. The service center I bought it from had installed a new one then. I put a little compressed air where it connects up and no air comes out of the pee hole but air comes out of the exhaust.

I have had this eng for about an year and just now. The service center I bought it from had installed a new one then. I put a little compressed air where it connects up and no air comes out of the pee hole but air comes out of the exhaust.

If I'm reading you correct, the "new" water pump has been installed for the same amount of time that you've owned the engine, one year. The service center installed the water pump, so i'll assume your engine was pissing when you bought it.

You need to find the restriction in the tell tale (T/T):
Remove the cowling.
Find the tube to the TT exit port on bottom cowling.
Follow that tube back to the Rectifier/Regulator. Remove it from the R/R and ensure that it is free and clear.
Remove the other tube from the R/R. Verify that the R/R cooler itself is free and clear.
Follow the other tube back to the motor. Remove it from the block. Check it to verify that it is free and clear.
Inspect the block fitting. Verify that it is free and clear.
If you encounter other tubes or T fittings during the inspection process check them as well.

While you're performing the above you can have the engines flush port hooked up to fresh water supply. Run the flush as you search for the restriction somewhere in the T/T.

If I'm reading you correct, the "new" water pump has been installed for the same amount of time that you've owned the engine, one year. The service center installed the water pump, so i'll assume your engine was pissing when you bought it.

You need to find the restriction in the tell tale (T/T):
Remove the cowling.
Find the tube to the TT port.
Follow that tube back to the Rectifier/Regulator. Remove it from the R/R and ensure that it is free and clear.
Remove the other tube from the R/R. Verify that the R/R cooler itself is free and clear.
Follow the other tube back to the motor. Remove it from the block. Check it to verify that it is free and clear.
Inspect the block fitting. Verify that it is free and clear.
If you encounter other tubes or T fittings during the inspection process check them as well.

While you're performing the above you can have the engines flush port hooked up to fresh water supply. Run the flush as you search for the restriction somewhere in the T/T.

I have a 2001 175 HPDI and I've never been able to get it to piss on just muffs. In the water or with a flushing bag (like a tank but flexible) it pisses like a champ. I've found that covering all of the venting holes on the lower unit with tape gets it to piss, but without those covered with water it doesn't seem like it builds up enough water to send it up through the cooling system. I'd recommend plugging as many of the holes in the lower unit as possible to see if it starts going.

I'm a big fan of the flushing bag that I bought. It made of a canvas material over a PVC frame and I can fill it up in about 5 minutes. It cover the entire lower unit.

Good luck..

Thanks for the help guy's. I am going to put it in the water next week and see what it does before I start taking parts off. I will update after that.

I have a 2001 175 HPDI and I've never been able to get it to piss on just muffs.

This should concern you. That engine is perfectly capable to have water exit tell tale. You've either got an engine side issue, such as a worn impeller, tell tale blockage, cooling system corrosion. But my guess is, since you do get water exiting the tell tale when engine is submerged, your water pressure at the spigot is too low or the muff ears are not sealed tight enough over lower unit intake. Or both.

My F150 won't pee on muff's either. I was told by a Yamaha Cert. Tech that this is common with the bigger F Series engine. I do not worry about it at all because at the lake, it pees like it has been out on a weekend of binge drinking.

My F150 won't pee on muff's either. I was told by a Yamaha Cert. Tech that this is common with the bigger F Series engine. I do not worry about it at all because at the lake, it pees like it has been out on a weekend of binge drinking.

It's common with any engine if the water pressure delivered to the lower unit via the muffs is too low. Or if muffs are not tightly suctioned down over intake. Your engine should pee on muffs. If it doesn't it's because one or both of the above mentioned.

I ended up taking it to a shop and they found 2 blockages, one behind the Rectifier/Regulator and one back by the spark plugs.
Thanks guys for all the replys.

Back