Logo

charge plug for honda 100 outboard

farmerrick53

Contributing Member
I was looking to repair the charge circuit on my honda 100 (10hp) and the plug on the motor is broken, the coil works so I was wondering if anyone had a line on a plug harness for this. thanks.

Oh my! I am sorry. I just realized that the part is listed obsolete.
I thought that they wouldn't put a price next to an obsolete part number so I skimmed past the info.
My apologies.
I will keep looking though.

A difference in the last three digits of a Honda part number sometimes indicates a very minor difference in the part like a slightly different makeup in the material used. And other times the part seems perfectly identical to the one with the "superseded" number. I have to assume this is some sort of inventory control stategy.

But, since you're trying to source for an older engine, you may want to use the lower or superseded number. I really doubt though that it is going to make much difference since that part number's last three digits have probably been changed 20 or 30 times since your outboard was made. So, you're sort of rolling the dice that not only the shape is the same but also the indexing and connector shapes are the same.

All you can do to address this would be to see if you could get someone at boats.net to pull the part and give you a description over the phone. I doubt most Honda dealers would stock one of these.

If you purchased both the connector and the harness you could be sure that they match.

Good luck

Last edited:
A difference in the last three digits of a Honda part number sometimes indicates a very minor difference in the part like a slightly different makeup in the material used. And other times the part seems perfectly identical to the one with the "superseded" number. I have to assume this is some sort of inventory control stategy.

But, since you're trying to source for an older engine, you may want to use the lower or superseded number. I really doubt though that it is going to make much difference since that part number's last three digits have probably been changed 20 or 30 times since your outboard was made.

Good luck

Thanks. I think I have a direction to head now.

Back