Logo

newbie needs some direction 90HP Merc Tracker

Dave5701

I can work on chevy 350s and 750cc Kawasaki jet skis of my own. Now have a pontoon with a '94 merc 90hp tracker pro. It runs and runs good once it gets warmed up. Seems the electric choke is broke and also the linkage for the choke is broke. Is getting one of the seloc books (1990-2000) worth it? Do they tell you part numbers and such that I can determine what I need once I find the broken piece? Anything better for the $$ out there?

You need to give us serial #. Since it's a tracker model you should have a primer not a choke like faztbullet said. The power heads cannot be swapped between the 2 motors, because the model with a choke would be a 6 cylinder and the tracker should be a 3 cylinder.

You need to give us serial #. Since it's a tracker model you should have a primer not a choke like faztbullet said. The power heads cannot be swapped between the 2 motors, because the model with a choke would be a 6 cylinder and the tracker should be a 3 cylinder.

Ok, I can do that but will memorial day weekend before I can get to look at it. My buddy was with me and commented he did not hear anything when I pushed in key for choke. He was able to manually move the choke to choke it. I don't know anything on this motor, that is why I was asking if the seloc manuals were good. I will get serial no and get back. Thanks.

I was asking if the seloc manuals were good

Yes they are good for tune-up info, starting a fire and emergency substitute for toilet paper.Keep it in boat at all times for just for these situations....

Yes they are good for tune-up info, starting a fire and emergency substitute for toilet paper.Keep it in boat at all times for just for these situations....

Ha, that is why I asked the question. I a willlng spend a $, but I want it spent as best as possible. Thanks.

Back