Logo

1964 Evinrude sportfour 60HP

T

Tom Adams

" I have a 1964 Evinrude sport

" I have a 1964 Evinrude sportfour 60HP (60452) that I'm interested in getting running again. I have the service manual.

I know I want to replace the water pump, and I'd like to know where to get carb kits and other stuff. I also wonder where I might find something to let me connect a hose to the lower unit so I can test it out of water, or what people have found big enough to submerge the lower end when it's on a trailer. "

" Tom,
I aquired a 1967 V4 an

" Tom,
I aquired a 1967 V4 and found myself pretty much in your shoes. Doing a google search for evinrude V4 and placing a few wanted postings like this one brought me into contact with many folks that had new, old stock for my engine. I used a couple of cheap wal-mart plastic garbage cans for testing the engine (At idle speed only). I say 'a couple' because the prop tends to puncture the side wall of the inner can when you tilt the prop in or out of the can, but it fits and its cheap. I don't think you can connect a water hose onto those engines, if its same as mine, the intake is on the bottom. Joereeves, on this board, has considerable expertise with Evinrudes if you have specific questions, and I've had much valuble information given to me on this board. I now have my engine out on the water and enjoying it greatly. "

" Tom,

Just to let you know

" Tom,

Just to let you know I have a original parts catalog for the 1964 Evinrude 60hp, if that is something you could use just return my email.

Thanks

Tim "

Back