Logo

BF130 no power to high pressure pump

Hoping somebody can help with my BF130 that will turn over but will not start?

I was about to take my boat to the marina last week so decided to start the engine before the road trip just in case, lucky I did as it wouldn't start, it just turns over.

I checked the plugs for a spark and they were fine so thought it must be a fuel problem. I started with the low pressure pump and this had fuel so I moved onto the vapor separator which also had fuel. I then loosened the fuel pressure check nut half expecting to get covered in fuel but nothing more than a dribble came out.

I managed to find some tests to do from a service manual which involved testing the main relay however this seemed to be ok so I then moved on to test the voltage supply from the relay to the pump and this was showing only 0.04 volts when I turned the ignition on.
I then went on to the supply the pump directly with 12V from a battery and it worked fine, it even gave me a nice wash in petrol where I hadn't tightened up the fuel check nut properly...

Assuming the main relay was actually faulty I ordered a replacement which came today. (PN# 38580-WZ5-004 ordered. Received PN# 38580-WZ5-014) however after fitting it the engine still only turns over and doesn't start.

Looking online and in the manual it looks like the next test is to swap the ECU but my marina doesn't have 1 to test with and I am reluctant to order one straight away as its going to cost just under £800

Does anybody have any suggestions or further tests I can do? I really don't want to have to find £800 to throw at this only to find I didn't need to.

Thanks.

Back