Logo

97 Mercruiser 5.7 wiring for the tilt/trim contol box

gica69

Regular Contributor
Hi guys I finally got down to replacing the old 3000 Classic remote control with a new and improved CH1752P from Seastar. The wiring on the 3000 classic included he yellow/red wire, the 2 purple wire for off/run function and there are 4 more wires that go to the trim/trailer buttons. There is a purple/white, red/blue, light blue/white, and green/white. Looking inside the remote the red/blue and light blue/white go to the trailer button where the red splits and continues up to the trim along with the purple/white and the green and white. Now the CH1752Phs 2 different buttons supposedly the top for trim and the bottom for tilt/trailer even though they both look identical with up/down arrows and green, red and blue wires. I hooked up the red as a split for both trim and tilt like on the 3000 classic and then connected the trim to all the corresponding colors, red to red, blue to purple and green to green, so I am left with red to red and blue to blue, for the bottom buttoned for tilt. So the tilt works but the trim only works down the blue to purple/white doesn't. Does anyone know the wiring on the 97 Merc Bravo 5.7? Thanks in advance.

Back