Logo

1988 dt150 wont go

cds11

Contributing Member
1988 dt150 wont go after putting in gear, usually dies. runs/revs fine out of gear. idles a little low and rough. has good compression on all cyl's, new plugs, new fuel filter. its on a 24 foot pontoon. any help would be appreciated. thx

Ok thx for the help. I will post the results as soon as I can. Boat is 20 minutes away at the marina. Anything else I could check while I'm there?

Pull one plug lead at a time with plastic pliers while she's running, If you get no rpm drop on a cylinder,you found the non running one

well I went to the marina yesterday to run a few tests and pull the carbs and something else went wrong. I checked for spark on all 12 wires and all was good. ran a compression check and all cylinders had 120 psi. while checking for spark it was idling a little high then it started shifting/banging into gear on its own without touching the controls. did this a few times then it stopped but I couldn't make it go into gear with the controls. it also stopped pumping water so my beast guess is something happened to the lower unit. I'm going to get it back home this weekend and pull the lower unit.

Back