Logo

Hose to lower main bearing

Bjsmith919

Regular Contributor
Found a loose hose on my 98 Fast Strike 115 that i was told goes to the lower main bearing. I cant find the lower main bearing, the manual i have shows a rough sketch of it but does not say whete its located. Can anyone help with this? It is #66 on this drawing.

???? Duplicate Post ???? You were told in another post here where that hose should be attached... a fitting at the lower main bearing area.

The lower main bearing would be at the almost dead center bottom front portion of the power-head. Use a strong flashlight that more so focus's a beam rather than a flood type beam if possible. You may need to remove or shove aside some component to spot the fitting.

???? Duplicate Post ???? You were told in another post here where that hose should be attached... a fitting at the lower main bearing area.

The lower main bearing would be at the almost dead center bottom front portion of the power-head. Use a strong flashlight that more so focus's a beam rather than a flood type beam if possible. You may need to remove or shove aside some component to spot the fitting.

Would you happen to have a part number for the nipple it goes on to? This one is broken off in the hose.

No sir no one ever answered that question on the other post. But thank you for answering now... Would you happen to have a part number for the nipple it goes on to? This one is broken off in the hose.

Strange... I answered that other post that started out as a shift cable problem as did someone else, but no matter. At least you know where the hose goes. I retired in 1991 and do not have a book on the 1998 115 Fast Strike. Hopefully someone will jump in here with the proper answer.

Strange... I answered that other post that started out as a shift cable problem as did someone else, but no matter. At least you know where the hose goes. I retired in 1991 and do not have a book on the 1998 115 Fast Strike. Hopefully someone will jump in here with the proper answer.

It wont let me upload the picture but all the book has in it is a simple drawimg of the hose going to the lower main bearing then to the vapor pump. Ill try to upload the pic again. Why will it let you upload some pictures but not others?

Nevermind, after looking closer i see the nip coming off the top. Would it be bad to run the engine with it disconnected until the one i order comes in?

Back