Logo

Replacing E115eleua fuel pick up tube

Georgiaboy67

Advanced Contributor
Okay y'all so I'm having a fuel tarnation problem... I'm trying to replace the fuel pickup tube in my plastic gas tank..

https://instagram.com/p/BTXeS5TA97Q/

the pick up tube is stuck inside the big nut you see... well trying to pry it loose that big nut on the tank is spinning freely with the tube.. how do I get this tube out? Can you replace the nut?

Hand tight+ quarter turn at most, Brass threads usually seal very easily because they're soft
Yep. Also put on a layer of yellow teflon tape on the threads before installing. Yellow is gas/oil rated, the white stuff is only for air and water.

KJ

Roger that. That's my issue then lol. I tightened it way more then a quarter turn.i turned it with a wrench probably another full turn after hand tightened. I'll see if we have some teflon tape at work. It's supposed to storm today, and I'm supposed to get my truck back from getting all ball joints replaced and an egr valve replaced. Plan on doing a lake test tomorrow! Will update you guys! Thanks a lot for all the help!!

This is the stuff you'll need:
53dba3a5-3df0-41fd-bd6a-1a476c5f817d_1000.jpg
The 1/2 in. x 260 in. Yellow PTFE Tape is effective on metal and plastic threads. The tape features PTFE construction and is packaged on a spool in a convenient dispenser box. Complies with Military Specification A-A 58092.

• Manufactured especially for natural gas, propane, butane, water, oil and chemical lines
  • Heavier than white tape with density of 1.35 - 1.50 grams/cubic centimeters, 4 mils thick

Thanks! There's a big hex nut that the pickup tube threads into on my gas tank. Trying to remove the old tube that hex nut started turning with the tube.. is air gonna leak into where that hex nut is? I primed the bulb and it didn't leak any fuel so I thought I was fine.

Back