Logo

343 excalibur no power at rpm

davidvrs225

I have a 2010 343 Excalibur with apx 250 hrs for 5 years motor ran perfect all of a sudden it wouldn't accelerate beyond 3,000 rpm in gear out of gear no problem. Start's idles and execrates perfect below 3,000 rpm good power bellow 3,000 rpm. Try to go above 3,000 RPM loess power and fells like fuel starvation. I have replaced fuel cell filter in line filter fuel lines High pressure fuel pump. checked fuel rail pressure 62 PSI at 3,000 rpm in gear spot on. replaced spark plugs, coil module, distributor cap and rotor all with no change and now have replaced all 8 fuel injectors with new ones with no change.
Thanks' in advance
David

I wish I had unlimited funds to throw parts at a problem.

You need to ensure the fuel pump maintains pressure in the rail all the way up to wide open (full) throttle....

Have you hooked up the scan tool yet?

A scan tool is invaluable.....perhaps you have a friend you could co-op with....just a thought.

You really need to verify full pressure @ WOT, under a load.....doing it at NO LOAD doesn't help....under load to make sure the fuel system delivers ALL of the needed fuel. The fuel needed under no load is significantly less....could also be an anti-syphon valve or a hose issue....

It would really be of benefit to have the factory shop manual....even with the scan tool....

Tank andpick is clean, fuel lines are new and installed smooth, fuel has been treateddrained filled with fresh premium treated fuel. Good pressure at fuel railunder load, I believe all that is left is throttle body or computer. Motor runsperfect under 2800 rpm, over it bogs down till it backfires and blows out theend of the fiberglass baffle.

Back