Logo

Im trying to decide which analog/digital nmea200 compatible engine interface brand

Casper Sanders

Hello out there!
While looking into the various ways to incorporate an engine interface (analog to digital gateway) system into my sailboat I've run across a lot of 'smoke and mirror' advertising. Hmm. That's a pretty expensive mistake so I'd rather get it right the first time and I'm looking for an experienced mentor. The crux of the situation: during refit I've purchased new Raymarine MFD's, Seatalks, Radar, blah, blah, blah. the engine in my boat is a tried and true, workhorse, no B.S. industrial Ford 172 diesel. I'm rebuilding the motor just for fun. A) To be sure it's done right and within specs and B) Because I like doing it. Now I'm at the point that I need to find a good "bridge" between solid, old mechanics and new technology if such a thing exists.
I've predetermined (in my mind) that if I can't find an acceptable product line to accomplish this goal then I am prepared to toss the electronics and wire up the gauges. Other than the new technology being cool, space saving, impressive, expensive, and fun it's still just that...whistles and buzzers. You know what they call a sailboat without all that stuff? Yep, a sailboat.
If you or someone you know has experienced this I'd sure appreciate your insights. Thank you.
Casper

Back