Logo

1985 mariner 50 hp 4cyl 2stroke (belgium made) cooling problem

coljong

I am at my end I have replaced the inmellar 2 times and this timerelaced the whole pump housing and impellar.start motor and at idle the water from the pee hole still gets hot.last season at high speed all that came out was steam.I am told there is no thermostat.I blew air through the copper tube and felt it coming out the pee hole so I don't think there is an obstruction?any ideas??

Pull l/u and inspect fitting or place a 5/8ths hose and clamp on water tube to find issue, engine can be run without lower unit installed like this if water tube is intact

Having a hard time with any manuals on this motor. All the ones I have purchased online don't show where the copper tube connects at the power head or how to get to it.

Top of this page.---Engine diagrams.---Click away till you get to ---exhaust plate.-----------Item # 5 I believe.
do you know if I have to remove the motor from the boat to remove the drive shaft housing.in order to relace the upper cooling tube seal? the copper pipe was black at the top when I pulled it out.

Remove the powerhead.--------Midsection is left on the boat.----------That part is listed as NLA, but I would fabricate one.----Not hard to do !

I work as a quality manager in a tap and drill bit factory so I imagine I can fabricate pretty much and NLA parts I needalso have gas back welding for aluminum.

Back