Logo

1990 evinrude 30 hp 2-stroke "stalling" / "cutting out" problem at higher rpm. please help !!!

Re: 1990 evinrude 30 hp 2-stroke "stalling" / "cutting out" problem at higher rpm. please help !!!

SLOW mode. disconnect the tan wire from the temp sender in the head, and try again.

If it is actually HOT, don't run it that way.....just enough to test.

Re: 1990 evinrude 30 hp 2-stroke "stalling" / "cutting out" problem at higher rpm. please help !!!

SLOW mode. disconnect the tan wire from the temp sender in the head, and try again.

If it is actually HOT, don't run it that way.....just enough to test.

thank you very much for your clear answer....i will try it out tomorrow morning. thanks again.

hi again...
i disconnected the tan wire that comes out on the left side of the upper cylinder.it is a black wire that is painted tan and connects with a brown wire. right ?! well i did that but nothing changed. i made another video of how it runs with the wire disconnected. here it is : https://youtu.be/_Qh7X74rPCE
in the video description i wrote a few things about the running of the engine in the past. maybe someone can understand more and could figure out what the problem could be.

Pull one plug wire at a time with plastic pliers while she's running to see if a cylinder drops out. Troubleshooting 101, Start with a compression test,second a open air gap spark test,followed with fuel diagnostics.

hi again...so..i dissassebled the carburator again in order to check for any dirt in it. it is absolutely clean and shiny...gasket is also like new. i also checked the spark plugs. like new as well....and when pulling off the spark plug cap, then of course it continious running... but rougher ...on one cylinder. (same thing on both cylinders...upper and lower one). fuel lines/pipes are also clean. fuel pump is working....but i can't tell if it is pumping the correct amount of fuel to the carb. compression test is something i cant do...dont have the proper tools. after some research in the net, i found out that tha stator could be causing this stalling....i tried to remove the flywheel but again i do not have the right tool to pull it out. anyway...i would bring it to a mechanic (and i have a lot of them in my area) , but i do not trust any of them. i mean i'm sure they are going to try to ripp me off. this s.l.o.w. mode thing is one more thing that i would like to find out how it works. what sets it in function ? the temp sensor? ahhhh... i forgot to tell you that i also installed a new impeller (waterpump) . my engine still stalls at higher rpms ...so i'm still needing some advice/help. it has to be somethin really easy, ...it was running great twice after it started stalling. so when an engine runs fine from time to time...it can't be majorly broken. for example...i can not imagine that the compression is be in one or both the cylinders. on the other hand... i am not a spe******t....some of you guys in here might know better.... ill be very glad to read your possible solutions to the stalling problem.

here i am again... a couple of days ago i went to the sea and tried out my little boat in hope that it would run properly. started the engine and at half throttle it was stalling. still i made a 30 minutes trip in low rpm and reached the spot i wanted to camp. i did not turn it on for the rest of the day. next morning i dissconnected the black wire that is painted with tan colour from the brown wire, and started the engine. again it was stalling at half throttle....still i ran it for about ten minutes. turned it off and half an hour later started it again and let it run for 5 minutes. still stalling !!! i turned it off again and connected the tan(black) wire with the brown wire as it has to be. but this time i disconnected the brown wire from the brown wire that are next to the wires mentioned before. i turned on the engine....pushed the throttle... rpm went up...more mush...rpm rises....full throttle ...and my little boat was flying with full speed on the sea. absolutely fantastic !!! for 10 minutes i enjoyed the ride....thend i went back to shore to tell my wife tha the problem is solved. turned off te engine. turned it back on and went for a second ride. AGAIN STALLING !!! what is causing this behaviour ?

Back