Logo

Oil injection cap for tank on top of engine

bperry

Contributing Member
Is there a part # or a link where I can purchase the cap for the oil injection tank on top of the eng. 1993 Mercury 150 XR6 thanks for any help.

There are two wires from the oil injector cap. looking at my engine previous owner spliced a black and a blue wire together. are these the wires that go to the cap wires??

guess I should have started a new thread??
Sometimes it's better to ask tech questions down below as some (Not All) of the guys that really know outboards well don't venture up here into the what's my engine year sub-forum all that much so sometimes they'll go unanswered.

Just as an helpful hint! If possible, To help take some of the guess work out of finding the correct parts catalog to your engine, It would be better if you could include your engine serial number to your signature line due to there are many serial number ranges when you look up your engine size/model.

Taking a quick guess at what serial number range you may have, Here should be a good image of your engine mounted oil tank, http://www.marineengine.com/newparts/part_details.php?pnum=MER36-43300A+9

Which came from item number 32 correct?, http://www.marineengine.com/parts/m...00-thru-0g960499-usa/oil-injection-components

If the cap wires are bypassed from the engine's main engine wiring harness by being jumped together then possibly someone became tired of hearing a warning horn possibly from a bad cap/float switch or possibly low oil level or maybe due to having air in the oil system or having a loose oil cap or faulty oil cap seal could sound the warning horn too....All this as long as they didn't disconnect the oiling system due to other reasons such as the oil system stopped working due to internal broken pump components and they just started adding oil to the fuel tank to help keep the engine oiled up...< Sometimes that is a possibility too but hopefully someone would have mentioned that when selling the engine had they known the details.

The two wires from the cap should be going to one of the engines wiring harness connector when all is well with the oil system....Not jumped together.

Thanks for the answer. I still have a blue and black wire spliced together. that is on the engine. tank had no cap. It had a boat plug in it; I ordered the cap and noticed the wires so looked at the eng and the wires are sliced together. I am guessing they go to the cap. Probably does not mater as far as polarity.

Back