Logo

Prop replacement

Millsy

I have a tohatsu M5A2 built in 1980
After many hours search i still have not found a replacement prop for my motor.
Old prop SA 301 64101
Stamped on the prop its very warn out.

Ancient. Parts catalogs for that model are long out of print. If it is splined, a modern prop for the M5B or MFS5 may fit. If is tapered, or uses a shear pin, you will need to either find a new old stock prop, or have yours rebuilt by a prop shop.

Hi i have just bought a ptop of a yamaha 5hp air cooled 661
I will let you know if it works
New question idle
It runs too fast
Wound out idle screw on change. The slide looks good it is free and sits very vlose to the bottom of the carby
It stsrts and tuns perfect but not at WOT 3/4 all day
Any ideas

That is the only adjustment available. I removed jt until there was no part of it left in the barrel but it didn't change anything idle speed was the same.
Wound it in idle increased.
In the water i start it in gear in drive it works at a slow idle.
Put into neural revs slowly increase past the point of changing gear without smashing in
Could be the pin in thethrottle body could be set too deep? Making it rest inside the main jet not the stop?
Would that also be why at WOT it will not rev out?
Not enough fuel and too much air?
Not sure where i could get another one to test out this idea

Slide-style carbs need the clip for the needle set correctly, and that must be done by trial and error. If set wrong, the mixture will be off. The idle stop should still work, but the carb may need a good cleaning as well. No service manuals or parts catalogs are available for your antique, so you are pretty much on your own.

Back