Logo

02 sensor

Jerryjerry05

Outstanding Contributor
2005 200hp Yam
Need to know where the 02 sensor is?
I think I know but want to make sure.

My neighbor wants me to clean it and I know the gasket needs to be replaced.
So to order the right one?? I want to make sure it's where I think it is??

Thanks,Jerry

Thanks Chris.
I've asked a BUNCH of people at a BUNCH of sites and your the only one who answered.
Thanks.

(Clean the O2. @ $472.00 you clean it.)

Yea my neighbor sure can't afford that!!

Another question: I'm thinking of buying a boat with a gill bracket.
It has no motor now.
How do I measure for the outboard?
The guy selling has no idea what motor was on it??

One person said: Extend a 2X4 on the bottom and then measure up where the top of the bracket is.
Kinda like a huge L

Last edited:
Johnnyjgr
That's the same way to measure that is used for measuring a motor without a gill bracket.
Thanks.
leadhead: I used OMC's engine tuner. Let it soak for 24-30 hrs and the carbon melts away.

Cleaning the O2 sensor . I have 150 HPDI two strokes and cleaned it many times . The sensor most likely does not need cleaning . But could be fouled from the exhaust carbon. You could destroy the sensor by using the wrong cleaners on it . Just brush off what is on it. Now here's what to look for . Your engine might be different but I have a small hollow tube with a flange on each end . Take that out and clean the hole going through it. Now where that came out get a # 30 drill ( approx) and stick it in the hole and you will feel a small hole in the back of the hole . I found this clogged which will not let all the exhaust on the sensor and give the computer a false reading. GO to Yamaha web page and look up your engine it will show where it is and if it's the same as I describe. Good Luck.

Back