Logo

i need help with a part number and part name 2014 MFS40

keakar

Contributing Member
I must have bumped something somehow but today I noticed my tattle tail is gone, the whole plastic nipple and cap is missing.

the rubber hose is all that is left of it so I would like to replace it rather then just stick a 90 elbow in the hose and "rig" it

so its snapped off flush with the motor housing, so what is it really called (i always called it the tattle tail) and what part number do I need?

I looked through the parts manual for my 2014 MFS40 engine but it doesnt seem to show the the water hose or the tell tale in any of the diagrams that I can see

thanks for your help

Last edited:
thanks for your help, when I saw that I thought that was a fuel line I was looking at

the more i look at it, the way its situated it is protected well so the more im thinking the plastic tip just simply broke off on its own, maybe damaged somehow at factory during motor assembly or just a defective part

I am also missing the top bolt or screw for the (figure #10) drive shaft housing, it must have vibrated loose and fallen out.

i know the part number is 9101E3-5616 (item #35) but I would rather just go get a regular screw or bolt at the hardware store instead of ordering it

can you tell me the size and length bolt I need to get for that?

Odd to have that missing. They are typically pretty tight, and may have lock tite on the threads. I forgot how to decode the bolts in the part numbers, but pull another one, and take it as a sample, and you should be fine.

pull another one from where? the others are just screws and a completely different part number

these are what holds the plastic cover shell together as ell as on the midsection, not sure how tight it could really be without it cracking the plastic, i guess i'll assume its the most common metric size of a "6m x something" fat head screw or small hex head bolt

I am also missing the top bolt or screw for the (figure #10) drive shaft housing, it must have vibrated loose and fallen out.

i know the part number is 9101E3-5616 (item #35) but I would rather just go get a regular screw or bolt at the hardware store instead of ordering it

can you tell me the size and length bolt I need to get for that?

I can't identify the exact part from that description. Take it in under warranty; the dealer will be able to match it up. For that matter, since you will be ordering a nipple, go ahead and just order the bolt at the same time.

I found a m6x1.00 screw that fit it perfectly, so I used that to secure it for now.

the nipple I will order online, so I will just go ahead and order that cowling screw at the same time.

the nearest dealer is 1 1/2 hour drive away from me, so its not convenient to go there for stuff.

I only go to the dealer for things I need to drop off the boat to have something done

thanks for all your help

Last edited:
Back