Logo

350 Mag Fuel leak.

skinut1

Contributing Member
I have a 2006 350 mag in a crownline 240EX w/BIII drive.
I have a fuel leak where the line comes out of the fuel module. I have replaced the cover where the line hooks up. replaced the quad ring. Still quirts around the line. Is there a check valve that could be stuck that may be letting pressure build to high.
Thx for the help.

i can't see a crack in the line and I would think a stainless steel line like that would be very hard to crack. Maybe it is and I will check again. I was told that on the back of the fuel module housing there is a plug with a brass ball and spring in it that relieves pressure and has a tendancy to stick.

Thx for he input.

The brass plug is the High pressure relief valve, The screw is brass the spring is hard and after much use the spring will cut screw threads into the brass. The spring them walks up the screw threads it creates and increases the spring pressure on the ball. That will send your fuel pressure over 100 psi and when that happens the fuel line will not leak. Pull the brass plug and sand it smooth if you find this condition.

Check your line for a crack around the quad seal. I have broken a few.....

Thanks for the help. If I have to replace the fuel line, what type of tool takes it off on the discharge end. It slides back and forth a little on that end but it doesn't screw off or anything like that. It look like it takes a special tool of some sort.

UPDATE---
I went to the lake today and took off the fuel line. Brought it home and put it in sink of water and pressure tested it. It has a fine crack around the rib on the line where it goes into the fuel module. You cant see it with the necked eye. I think I have found the problem.
Thanks for all the help. I will report back after replacing line.

UPDATE---
I went to the lake today and took off the fuel line. Brought it home and put it in sink of water and pressure tested it. It has a fine crack around the rib on the line where it goes into the fuel module. You cant see it with the necked eye. I think I have found the problem.
Thanks for all the help. I will report back after replacing line.

Glad you found it.

Last edited:
I replaced the fuel line this weekend and that did the trick. The boat runs great with no leaks. I can't believe that stainless line had a crack that I couldn't see but it did for sure. I ordered a 160 degree thermostat and replaced it also. When I ordered it they asked me if I needed the gasket and I told them I did and they sent me a cork one that goes under it but not the one with the bolt holes in it so I will reorder. Anyway Thanks for the help!!!!
Now we just need Norfork Lake in North Arkansas to go down about 30 feet.

Florida can sure have it. We have a couple of hundred thousand acres of farmland under water. We can't finish planting rice or start soybeans until it goes down. Some fields are still 10 feet under. Crazy every year it seems. I think we have a hundred year flood every 5 years!

Back