Logo

25r74m armature plate

rmlm

New to forum, I have a 25r74m motor. I am going to have to replace the armature plate because the center bushing is loose. Do any of the upgrade plates fit this motor? Or will I have to buy an original. A lot of these plates cross reference but I cannot find if one of these fits this motor.

The brass bushing in the center has broken loose from the plate. Have read about using the 3,6,9,12 method but my center bushing has broken loose from the plate

There are four screws that holds the center ring and armature plate together and the mount plate slides in between them. I have heard of the dimple the mount bracket but my question is why. Just get the two parts grease it up and you should be good for another 40 years.

The brass bushing in the center has broken loose from the plate. Have read about using the 3,6,9,12 method but my center bushing has broken loose from the plate

I understand. The cast-in brass bushing has broken loose. I've seen some like that. Yes, there is an upgrade kit (rather expensive) for it. But unless it is sloppy loose with a replacement standard plate that probably is all you need.

Soak the plate in a strong degreaser.----------------Use JB weld and let it sneak into the cracks.----------Worth a try.

580871 Armature plate update kit. Includes a new design 580867 armature plate plus the parts shown here

Attachments

• Armature Plate Update Kit.jpg
    Armature Plate Update Kit.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I tried to cross this number 580871 to see if it would fit. With no luck!! Found some of these reasonable,seems like a better fix to me.

True, that fits 33-40hp. There is another number that fit's the 25 (I don't have it handy). But the only difference is a screw hole or two that may or may not be drilled & tapped. I've used the "wrong" one many times by addressing the screw hole issue.

I'm sitting here holding a 580871 kit in my hands. There are two possible screw locations that are not drilled and tapped. No biggie deal to simply drill & tap them (if necessary). Use the part that they would retain as a locator pattern.

Still looking for the "correct" kit number

Back