Logo

Spark plugs

jclays

Regular Contributor
Twin 350's blocks 1969 castings. Been using AC Delco MR44T. My son was telling me to try the NGK plugs. Says they are a better plug. Anybody?

Ayuh,.... I've always run the AC Delco MR plugs, as the bodies are alloy, 'n less likely to rust solid into the heads,....

Ayuh,.... I've always run the AC Delco MR plugs, as the bodies are alloy, 'n less likely to rust solid into the heads,....
I had one rust to the head and separate. There is a seam under the nut head on the plug. This is were the separation occurred.

my manual calls for MR44Ts and we use BRP6FS NGKs.....but I've found it is best to check the application on the plug makers www site...some will change over time...and, if there's any doubt, call the tech support line to be sure.

How long was the rusted in plug installed for??

Never hurts to place a dab of anti-seize on the threads when you install them new....

my manual calls for MR44Ts and we use BRP6FS NGKs.....but I've found it is best to check the application on the plug makers www site...some will change over time...and, if there's any doubt, call the tech support line to be sure.

How long was the rusted in plug installed for??

Never hurts to place a dab of anti-seize on the threads when you install them new....
They have been installed about 6 months

Going to try the NGKBPR5FS. They are the hotter version of the BPR6FS. Ive been using the MR44T and that was the cross referenced plug.

Back