Logo

spring nut drivers

guppy

Regular Contributor
Does any one have a part number and or source for a7mm and 8mm spring nut driver for bellows and hose clamps? My 7mm is just flat worn out and it is a real PITA to do Volvo drives and hose clamps. Also why are diesel 7mm and gas are5/16? Just curious, seems strange to have 2 different sizes. Thanks

I have found out the same thing, works ok if using a 1/4 drive wobble socket. If doing a cac service on a d4 or d6 water inlet and outlet hose clamps sometimes just cannot be reached without that bendability of the spring. The other problem is it possible to strip the hose clamp out with the ratchet, spring nut driver only goes so tight before it bends and wont tighten any further. Thanks for the reply, looks like I am going to have to dive into some old catalogs lining around shop.

Snap on makes a 6 inch spring type extension for 1/4 inch drive ratchets, and i am sure every other tool manufacturer does also

The other problem is it possible to strip the hose clamp out with the ratchet, spring nut driver only goes so tight before it bends and wont tighten any further

Ayuh,.... That's why We Mechanics have a Calibrated Elbow,....

Just because ya can strip out a screw, don't mean ya gotta turn it so damn tight,.....

Back