Logo

Honda 135 Not doing anything

J_Burton10

OK all so i'm working on a Honda 135 this thing is giving me all sorts of problems. The initial problem was it was over heating and then shutting down and not coming back on till several hours later. So that where I started I recreated the issue while boat was hooked to doctor Honda. The diagnostics didn't show any codes or anything out of specification other then one of the temp sensors was reading a little high. tested that sensor and it was reading about 50 degrees off from what it should have. So its been replaced no longer getting the over heat now the engine is blowing the F3 fuse its a 10 amp fuse that controls key on power. It keeps blowing at different intervals sometimes the engine will run for 30 or 40 minutes others we cant even push off the dock. Does anyone have any idea as to what may be causing this. Any help would be great. I'm a military contractor so i'm kinda on my own here no shop to help.

I suggest that you post your question on the Honda Outboard forum on this site. Go to the top left of this page and click on "Forum Home." Then scroll down to Honda outboards and start a new thread like this one. There are three of four Honda trained technicians that hang out on that forum. They should be able to help you in short order.

Back