Logo

Model / ser# ID plate

Sam110

Regular Contributor
Looking for the model & serial number on a 25 hp Chrysler outboard I'm considering. The owner believes it to be a 74 model but it seems by this site Chrysler did not make a 25 in 74? He did provide a number off the side of the power head but I'm not sure what good that will do? He gave me "RW50422". I advised him to look on the mounting bracket or leg but he doesn't see it there.

One of the reasons I need this info is to marry up a tiller handle and hardware. This engine is remote steer version. Is this part a common part shared by a number of the smaller engines?Chrysler 25.jpgChrysler 25 -1.jpg

Thanks

After some searching the owner came up with the ID plate. Found it inside the lower cowling in the front. Turns out it is a '78 model year model# 257-H8C. Seems parts are not as prevalent for this motor as the OMC competitor. I was hoping to be able to order a 'impeller kit' but don't find one listed - just the individual parts.

Can anyone enlighten me of the issues I may be up against converting this over to a tiller motor? Just realized I'll need shifter parts as well. Any one have these parts in their 'bone yard' of parts they would let go?

Try Valley Sales in Prudenville, Mi.
Or try google: outboard salvage or any combo of those words.

There are HUNDREDS of salvage yards out there.

Back