Logo

2004 115hp Evinrude 4 stroke won't start

I just got the boat and motor. Its been sitting up for 2 years. I put a new battery in and tilt/trim works fine, horn. lights radio and CB works as well. When I turn the key to the acc position the check gauge goes thru its check list ok. But when I turn the key to the start position, nothing!
It acts as if it in in gear but its not. I ran a test on the neutral switch in the shifter and the ignition switch and there working fine. Its acting as if its a bad fuse or a disconnect switch. Even when i press the key in, the electric choke doesn't work. No clicking at all.

Any tips?

Model # J115PL4SR - Year 2004

It is in fact a 4 stroke.
I was thinking it may be theignition switch. So I bought one but the box says it’s for a Mercury motor. Thecolors from the switch are different from the original switch. So not sure howto cross reference the colors. It does have the same amount of wires though.

Yea, it's the ziki-Johnson.
But anyway, I got it going! The neutral switch at the linkage under the bonnet was broken! I just cut the wires and twisted them together until I can order another switch. Thanks!!!

Back