Logo

posting pictures

SOUP1973

Hi, I am having a problem posting pictures on this site. I will let me get to the are where I can select the photo from my desktop but it will not add the picture as the attachment? Can anybody lead me in the right direction?

Like most sites, there is an upper size limit ( in Kbytes) for a file. Most "i" widgets take small enough pictures ( or canbe set to). Most cameras in native mode take pix @ too high a definition and hence too high a file size.

I usually open my camera files with microsoft "paint"* and then resize them by 50% and save them as ".jpg" files... That is usually enough.

*not a plug or an endorsement, it's just the most common "free" program that will do it.

Hi, I am having a problem posting pictures on this site. It will let me get to the area where I can select the photo from my desktop but it will not add the picture as the attachment? Can anybody lead me in the right direction?

If using a desktop image file icon, make sure that it is not a short-cut icon.
Also, valid file extensions are: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt

I'm sure that you know most of this....... but I'll start from the beginning anyway:

With the
vBulletin® Version 4.2.3, you will need to first select "Advanced".
Once Advanced, click on the "paperclick" icon (attachments).
The Manage Attachments window will open.
In the "File Upload Manager", click on Add Files.
The "Upload Files From Your Computer" window will open.
This allows you to select a file from your PC file folder.

Once the file is located, hover over the file and look at the size info.
If too large, do as Bob suggests.
Save the reduced resolution file with a slight change to the file name (easier to find again).

Upload this reduced file.
A thumbnail view should appear in the home window.
If the system did not automatically place a copy thumbnail view at the bottom left attachments window, check the box and drag it down to this window.
Now click on "done" at the lower right side corner.
Now you can either "submit" or "preview" first.

If your images are hosted on a website, you can do as Bt Doctur has done by posting the URL that will direct us to the image.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
The trade off.... big photos in the cloud vs smaller ones on this forum.
The archives, and even year old posts are paved with links to now defunct cloud photo storage accounts.

Back