Logo

Skipper 156 cadorette boat wireing problem

Dukeboyty

Hello, I have been having problems with my boat it was mostly working fine until I did a stupid move, I brought it home for the winder to fix it up for many reasons. But one being the wiper motor, it looked like there's were wires unplugged for the motor I fitted around with it for a few hours could seem to find out what's wrong. So I took it all apart and took the switch off and I also unplugged the inline fuse because it wasn't long enough, then I still couldnt figure out what was wrong with it, and in my eyes the colors for positive and negative looked back words so I switched them and turned the switch on and then it beeped like when you turn the key. The low fuel pressure beep, that goes out when you squize the fuel ball, it went on for about 1 second and got quiteer and the fuel gauge went a little bit higher (it was at full). Orginily my battery was dead, and it would beep and then right away slowly go quiter and only the radio and nav lights, as well as the fuel gauge and after the battery was charged and it would then turn over. Now the radio, nav lights only work the motor doesn't turn over and no beep, as like it was dead. I do know it's not the battery because today I just tried another battery. There is another problem as the wireing going into the throtel body three wires I would move them and the access lights would work. There is only one inline fuse and its still googoo, I have spent 3-4 days trieing to figure out what is wrong with it. I don't want to have to take it into the marina if I don't have to, as it expensive, any help appreciated.

So it's a '91 Johnson Outboard,..??

If so, post yer question in the Johnson/ Rude outboard forum, above this forum on the main page,.....

Back