Logo

BF 225 - Low water flow from exhust

sean torsney

I have twin BFF 225s and my mechanic says he replaced the impeller and water pump in the lower unit but I'm getting very little exhaust water coming out of the top exhaust tube. the lower ones seem fine. assuming my mechanic is correct, what else can the problem be?

Are you in the water,on muffs, Is the telltale water too hot to keep hand in it? Can you place fingers on both heads for a 6 second count without scorching them, You can test with a infrared temp. gun to see if any temp. is excessive, any alarms going off,warning lights??

Are you in the water,on muffs, Is the telltale water too hot to keep hand in it? Can you place fingers on both heads for a 6 second count without scorching them, You can test with a infrared temp. gun to see if any temp. is excessive, any alarms going off,warning lights??

I'm in the water and I didn't check the temp of the water coming out. however, the block was hot after running in idle for about 5 minutes. I ran the other engine for about the same time its block was just as hot and water was flowing as it has for the last year or so. no real difference in the heat on the block. there are no alarms at all and I have run the engine at high speeds for a couple of hours since I noticed the issue on the port engine.

Back