Logo

Looking for specific Hose. Reservoir to Fuel Pump.

Awesome!
If you go back up and look at my photos, that's exactly what I completely drilled out. So mine is wide open now. No negative effects, and I don't have to worry about that tiny hole becoming plugged again. If yours gets plugged again, don't hesitate to drill that whole thing out.

Last edited:
Just to re-iterate before this thread goes dormant, this is the info that was given to me from a nice person named Roland on another site. He dealt with this reservoir system for 10+ years. - Again, I will be doing this to mine next off-season as a preventative measure. I will come back and create a separate thread when done detailing how I did it on mine.

"This engine type has a fuel reservoir at the back of the engine. THIS FUEL RESERVOIR CAUSES MANY ISSUES.
It is basically a small fuel tank that stores a small amount of fuel for the high pressure pump. There is a small float inside that is connected to a valve.The purpose of the valve is to vent excess fuel vapors to the intake manifold. If you look there is a vent hose that goes to the bottom of the intake air tubes.
What happened to my engine was that the pumps would run and overfill the small tank, thereby flooding the engine.
this would cause a no start condition.

THE SOLUTION- FIX:
Disconnect the vent line from the intake plenum, then connect a long fuel hose to the vent connection at the fuel reservoir and connect it to your boats gas tank if possible. VERY IMPORTANT DO NOT LEAVE THE HOSE DISCONNECTED- FIRE HAZARD. You have to put a plug cap on the intake plenum to prevent a vacuum leak. This fix will eliminate many of the fuel pump reservoir issues that plague this system."

I might not have an extra port to tap this into the tank. Can I just splice this vent line into the existing vent line the tank uses? Anyone see any issues with doing that?
Thanks, Chris

Chris, you can splice it into your existing vent line, however make the splice as close to the tank connection as possible. Use approved gas line brass tee and make sure that you use good gas line clamps to secure the hoses. Do not buy cheap auto part junk gas hose clamps or hoses, make sure that you buy Coast guard approved hose and clamps from a marine store. You also have to make sure that you cap the old vent hose connection at the manifold, otherwise you will have a nasty vacuum leak. Good luck.

Hope All this info helps!!

Last edited:
Back