Logo

Engine Firing order 200 honda

Skooter

Advanced Contributor
I almost feel really dumb asking this, but I need to be sure before I put my rebuilt cylinder heads back on. If standing behind the outboard, is the number 1 piston on the top right of the block? I can find the timing mark notch on the crank pulley. So with the top right cylinder flush with the block, that should be #1 at TDC??? So if it is the case then I slap on the cylinder heads and line up the #1 timing marks on the cams so everything is on #1...Correct?......How do I know if i am on compression stroke etc...or does it not matter at this point. I get confused knowing that the crank makes 2 revolutions for one of the cam.Sorry, I know its basic, I just dont want to screw anything up.

Thanks guys. I was able to verify with the counter outboard about the position of #1 and timing marks. I could not find the notch on the crank pulley on mine, I had to use chalk to make one, once I pulled the #1 plug out to make sure it was at TDC. So at TDC the cam marks are on #1,then one more revolution of the crank puts the cam marks at #5. Thats why it takes 2 rev's of the crank for one of the camshafts. Just thought I'd add that

Back