Logo

rochester 2 jet still drizzling ALOT of fuel after shut/running - fuel pressure issue?

FstaRockr Burns

Regular Contributor
so the 351w is running very smoothly - I noticed alot of fuel drizzling down the carb when motor was off - new gaskets.. one chap had a leaky float but mine seems to be good..

could it be too much fuel pressure?

I do manually pump the carb with a fuel bulb to test needle/seat and it seemed fine, but perhaps the needle is leaking with the mech pump pressure?

ideas?

carb is a 2 barrel rochester jet 2 -

thanks!

unless your maintaing 4-7 psi the outboard ball dosent cut it. Fuel level is a bit high, float is heavy(fuel soaked/leaking)
or the needle and seal are defective and leaking.If you have the stock mechanical MARINE fuel pump you should be ok

hi - im waiting for my sun tune kit to arrive.. will check the pressure with that then. I pumped a hand bulb connected to fuel into carb to check for leaks from needle/seat.. didnt leak off motor. New gaskets - looking at replacing needle and seat and float and going from there.

Thinking of going to a 4 barrel with gt40p heads and a crane marine cam xe252 or something for kicks - but would like to get the 2 barrel setup going to see what it can do and take some consumption numbers down to compare with later.

Back