Logo

20 hsp Mariner. Not pumping water

Tonyd3

I just finished replacing impeller water pump kit completely. Still not pumping water. What's my next step?
Not sure of the year. But serial number is.6535972

If you are testing in a bucket was the water 6" above the pump, yes or no ?----Is the drive key in place?-----Are you sure water tube is properly engaged with the pump ?

If you are testing in a bucket was the water 6" above the pump, yes or no ?----Is the drive key in place?-----Are you sure water tube is properly engaged with the pump ?

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Just went out make sure that the water level was 6 inches above the intake. Still same result little bit exhaust fumes coming from the port where the water comes out. Drive key in place when I put the impeller in. The brass tube which I guess is the intake was clear. If brass tube not the intake let me know which one is.
Thanks

Re: 20 hsp Mariner. Not pumping water I understand, but don't have bucket big enough right now

Water must be 6" above the pump !-------Not the same as 6" above the intake.
I understand, but don't have bucket big enough right now. I had an old johnson 6hsp that did not need to be that high. But let me get a larger bucket and try again before we go on.

The copper tube should be put in place first.-----------It goes into a grommet up in the exhaust housing.-----------Then you install the lower unit making sure the copper tube enters the seal on the pump.

The copper tube should be put in place first.-----------It goes into a grommet up in the exhaust housing.-----------Then you install the lower unit making sure the copper tube enters the seal on the pump.
I

Thanks. Will be taking back apart this afternoon. I will check that copper pipe placement is correct also put water pressure in it to make sure water pumps through. And check the impeller pen as well as Verified direction of impeller. anything else I should check.

Any luck with the motor?

Yes great luck. Took a couple extra brains to think this one through. My son-in-law and you. Took apart cleaned it out and then relookef at the impeller. I put it on the same way the old one...backwards . The person before me put it on backwards so the blade curved the wrong way it never worked. Must be why I got it at such a cheap price. Engine seems to be working well so they must not have done any damage. Appreciate your help. You're ever in Arkansas would love the show my appreciation.

Back