Logo

How would a prop shaft break by just driving in the main channel?

Sounds like the shift rod may need to be adjusted. You don't have to take the lower unit off to adjust either or it could be the cables. Congrats on the job. Maybe you can help me once you get in good with them??

Once I get shown the ropes why not! I'm banking on it being both, don't know how old the cables are, at the youngest they are possibly about 4 years old, I think they are more like 6 or 7 years old though. Throttle on the control box has a lot of play in it! Once I engage in forward the throttle goes halfway down literally before I gain any amount of speed.

I guess I'll find out soon, how would they just get out of adjustment like that? It dIdnt start doing this til the day my previous gearcase failed..

Just an update on my sei gearcase... walked out to get the boat ready to fish for the weekend and was given the sight of hear lube coming out the wee hole on the side of the foot and out of the water intake screen, 8 months/ 30 hours on the foot... motor was trimmed down but apparently wasn't enough.. with the way my yard is it's as low as I could get it trimmed down. Hit 30 degrees last weekend so i think that's what did it.
https://instagram.com/p/BbHug_7g6V0/

Why ask about control cables? And yeah I've still got the box it came in, it has my old foot in it, I got it through the place i now work at. So I'm bringing it to them to send off. Thank the lord for that warranty!

Back