Logo

SEI Lower Units

Davem02

Contributing Member
I had to send my lower unit off to SEI in FL, because I hit something back in September. The impact bent the prop shaft. There were no visible signs on the outer casing that I had hit something. The impact bent the shaft and allowed water inside the bullet. They said the gears were pitted. Most likely due to water intrusion & not putting it in gear quick enough. They decided to replace the whole unit & sent me a brand new one. Honestly, I have no issues with SEI, and they were pleasant to deal with. It is a three year "fault free" warranty.

Got the new lower installed this past Sunday. Everything seems to be just fine. She shifts smoothly, and a good stream of water coming out. Very happy with the new unit SEI sent me.

Got the new lower installed this past Sunday. Everything seems to be just fine. She shifts smoothly, and a good stream of water coming out. Very happy with the new unit SEI sent me.

FOLLOW THEIR BREAK IN PROCEDURE.

I would have installed a better water pump. That is their weak link.

Okay, good to know. I'll keep an eye on the water flow coming out. It was a new kit that I got along with the lower unit from last year from SEI. What specifically is the issue with them? The impeller or what?

Back