Logo

Suzuki df5 problem

Has to be from fuel supply,tank?? Check your fuel suppliers source. Is fuel old,sitting around for a few months? dump fuel and flush tank,lines,pump,filter and carb.

I read your thread, Was that brand new fuel placed in old tank that was sitting around, We need more history on this motor, Is this a engine you just acquired,? Has this engine been sitting for a while? months,years,outside, inside, Where are you getting your fuel? Before you filled your fuel tank,did you inspect fuel tank for gunk,water,rust,etc. Did you look inside of the fuel tank? Where else can the water be coming from but the tank? Cooling system??

I read your thread, Was that brand new fuel placed in old tank that was sitting around, We need more history on this motor, Is this a engine you just acquired,? Has this engine been sitting for a while? months,years,outside, inside, Where are you getting your fuel? Before you filled your fuel tank,did you inspect fuel tank for gunk,water,rust,etc. Did you look inside of the fuel tank? Where else can the water be coming from but the tank? Cooling system??

Hi I bought the motor from new in 2012 always stored in my garage very clean I always run motor dry after use and poured the old fuel away I didn't however dry the tank out so perhaps some water has been left behind I will pour the fuel away and dry everything out and try again fuel was from morrisons

After dumping fuel,pour some ethyl alcohol in tank or dry gas,swish around,let sit and absorb the water and drain again,Final rinse with gas and drain again, don't forget the entire fuel system will need flushing,otherwise back to draining carbs. Racerone good call,never thought of that,have no kids of my own! Adding sta-bil 360 to each tankfull on nonethanol can't hurt either!!

Last edited:
Back