Logo

2001 200hp optimax 2 stroke wiring issues with smart craft gauges

Hi all looking for some mercury gurus I'm across the pond in the uk and have just taken ownership of a 2001 200hp optimax 2 stroke engine. When I bought it it had already been removed from boat along with 2 smartcraft gauges tach and speedo, and the remove oil tank.

The problem i have is as I didn't take it all apart I'm not sure where it all goes back !

At the engine I've got the positive and neg going to the battery - fine no problem there!

Then ive got the main loom which is approx 10 wires which is a straight fit along with four smaller wires on bullet connectors colour coded- fine with this !

Then an at the helm end I've got the throttle with 5 cables that were connected to the smart craft gauges and were cut by previous owner when dismantling, I've just put some new connectors on where the old ones were, there are 4 more cables which are taped off which leads me to believe there were redundant on the last boat does anybody know what they are for should they be connected to anything ???

On on the smart craft loom there's a red cable just flapping about looks like it's been cut to me should it be conected ?

On the remote oil tank there also two more plugs I've found one at the rear of the engine where should the other one go ??

The smart craft gauges don't power up at all, the engine will turn over fire and run any help would be great 👍👍👍👍👍

Back